Turtles

by Kenny on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Today i take a look at my turtles (I'm an owner of 3 red eared sliders for over 6 years) and i notice my turtle biting at some white object. Turns out it's an egg. I guess one of my turtles had an egg but this is actually the 2nd time. I believe the first time was an empty egg from what i heard that female turtles may lay empty eggs. Obviously this new egg is dead, but besides the fact that the turtle ate it, i hear they're infertile when laid in water. I kinda wish i could setup a tank with sand/dirt so she can lay her eggs properly but i really don't know if i can setup a tank and wait for who knows when for another egg to pop out. The time span between the first egg and the 2nd egg was over half a year. Sounds like something really fun and nice to do (even though i know my turtles will eat the baby turtles if they were to hatch) but i don't know if im up for it.