8/12 - Water/Rain leak in my car finally found!

by Kenny on Thursday, August 12, 2010

---


I guess i have had this water/rain leak for a while in my car that i never found. Today i decided to go look deep into it before it starts raining sometime.

2 Possible things that it could have been was windshield leak, or the drainage for rain from my cowl was clogged.


so i went ahead and removed the windshield cowl, took a look inside, took apart the surrounding for the windshield as well, poured some water on the window and no leak, didnt look like the windshield leak was possible.

Then i poured some water into the cowl:

top of cowl removed...

i traced where the water actually leads to, and they lead out to the sides of the fender. Took a closer look...



Water drains out in that opening near the bottom left of the image..


Looked deeper inside....



"theres your mildew!"...look closely and that blue you see is the driver side floor! Guess it got ate up so the water just leads straight into there. Glad i found it!




heres me flashing everyone on highway 101 on the roof top at work

Tonight i went to Sweet Breams in San Mateo, one of my favorite spots to get my Taiyaki on!


while there i purchased a kid robot futurama collectible. Hope i get Zoidberg next!! Photo taken with my iphone, thought it looked kinda cool lol

One comment

isnt it a nice feeling to find water leaks, my car had them pretty bad but i finally got them all taken care of

by Luis on August 14, 2010 at 8:54 AM. #