Coraline + Tokina

by Kenny on Friday, February 6, 2009

Nike is doing some major promotion with Coraline (the movie coming out today that i am Going to see!) by making Coraline Dunks (can be seen on ebay for $800+!) and other goodies. Today at work we got in a bunch of dressup stuff to put around the store such as a huge vintage looking wallpaper wall , a cut out board and the shoes, as well as the needle+buttons+thread from the movie to sow the buttons onto your eyes. (more pics of these later).




Can't wait to see it.



In other news, over the past 1-2 months, ive been saving and deciding on which ultra wide angle or fisheye lens to get. I was thinking about nikon 12-24 F/4, Tokina 12-24 F/4, Nikon 10.5 Fisheye, Sigma 10-20 F/4, until Alex brought up the Tokina 11-16 F/2.8. Apparently this lens kicks the Nikon 12-24's ass. Kinda odd coming from a 3rd party lens but that's what ive been getting from reviews online. Also its wider which is a huge plus..oh and F/2.8?? hell yes!

Well i got really lucky, Alex showed me this Tokina 11-16 that just HAPPEN to pop up on Craigslist. (I really love how these deals come right in time) I met up with the guy tonight, guys name is Erick and apparently we've met before haha. We knew a lot of similiar people, chatted it up and made the exchange. Here's the results, think i got a new favorite lens.






BTW Thanks Yu for the skyline mag! Hope to see you and your dog soon, Wan-Wan!

Oh and thanks to Yu for showing me POLADROID! everyone check it out, www.poladroid.net


pic from Roe, and btw thats not my arm throwing up the peice sign, its the guy thats right behind me, but it hella looks like it huh?

3 comments

nice, post up some pics with your new lenz soon!

oh, and thats a cool looking mouse. is it me or does it look wooden? haha

by Niggidy Nas on February 6, 2009 at 11:58 AM. #

Aww yay you got it! Have fun playing with it, you have so much toys on your desk ... you lil kid!

by Riri Ya Beezy on February 6, 2009 at 4:09 PM. #

AHH!

I was spose to see Coraline in 3d with my friend, but she hella flaked on me at the last minute. Ugh. How wassss it? And i saw those shoes too! I like em besides the fact that they have a mouse or watever and a tail. (the heck?) watever..

by Jocelyn on February 7, 2009 at 6:17 PM. #